Spring Snow Goose Hunting
We are commonly asked what is an appropriate amount to tip the guides and lodge staff? My usual response is that it depends on how much effort you feel they put in to making your trip enjoyable. Some tip more and some tip less but most clients tip about 15% – 20% of the hunt price. We have an understanding amongst the guides and staff that tips are split between the team members. This eliminates competition between the guides and as a result they work better as a team, thus further contributing to the quality of your hunt. Also when you spend all your time with your guide in the field it is easy to forget how much effort is put in by the spotters behind the scenes, or the lodge staff cleaning the lodge or prepping for your next meal. This policy ensures that everyone is compensated fairly and keeps everybody working together to make your trip here the best it can be.
While you are welcome to bring a well trained retriever to camp there are a few guidelines we need to enforce:
- If you are hunting with guys other than those you came with, you must first approve using your dog with the other group members before taking the dog into the field.
- If your dog is disrupting the hunt or causing birds to flare you will have to take him back to the truck unless the other group members all agree to him staying in the field.
- You must clean up any mess left by your dog around the yard. The place to take your dog to do his business is in the hayfield directly behind the lodge and the cabin.
- Dogs will stay in their crate in the garage below the lodge. Dogs need to be supervised by their owner when out in the yard.
- If your dog growls, snaps, or acts aggressively towards other hunters or anyone at camp you will have to keep him in his kennel or on a leash for the duration of the trip. Under no circumstances can we have someone get bitten!
- Our camp is set up to accommodate one group of six hunters which is what we try to do whenever possible. If you book your hunt with less than six in your hunting party, you will likely be paired up with another partial group.
Book A Waterfowl Hunt With Highland Outfitters
Highland Outfitters unique locations offer you high quality waterfowl hunting experiences.